Wednesday, August 25, 2021

My Planned Fall Viewing Habits: 2021

I thought that I would do this post now before too long had past and I wanted to get this out of the way since it is time sensitive. I want to get all of these ones done, but am unsure of just how much time I will have in the future. Note as usual that plans can change and so can the schedule. I doubt it will change as much as it did last season. One of the most notable changes is that Law and Order: For the Defense is not moving forward as a series before they even casted the show, much less started filming it or doing more with it.

 

Another factor in this is that CW’s summer schedule is airing very late. They always, typically, outside of last year, tend to have something going on a bit late while other networks have started their fall shows typically. They changed things a lot and with delays going on with a lot of their shows, too much of what they did was on late. Maybe they should have cut the episode order or not rely on too many shows that use special effects in the end.

 

The most notable change that you will notice in this blog is that I’m no longer watching all new CBS shows, but will watch some new ones as usual. This is due to CBS allowing shows to be on streaming and not the network anymore. I’ll miss Clarice and Evil. Also, fuck you.

 

One of the things to note is that there is stuff not on at fall that I want to see if it is on. I will only say shows here that I know for a fact are coming back for future seasons. Blood and Treasure, if it even gets made at all with a season 2 after years off the air by now, is one of those shows. That’s a CBS show. I plan to keep watching the CW shows of Charmed, Superman and Lois, Dynasty, Kung Fu, Stargirl, and Roswell, New Mexico. I will wait to see more of 9-1-1: Lone Star on FOX and the NBC show of Mr. Mayor when both of them are back on.

 

As usual, there are wildcards of sorts where lots of different things could change over time. I do not know offhand when I’ll see Whose Line is it Anyways? ABC, NBC, and now even FOX have reception problems for me that could make it harder for me to see things on them. I may only see Killer Camp if there is something notable about the host or one of the players. I can get what I like of that out of seeing The Hustler instead.

 

While I still like Dancing with the Stars now, I doubt that I’ll have the time for it this time around. I’m unsure yet if I’ll get back into Tough as Nails. After seeing all of the first season, I ignored all of the second. Legends of Tomorrow will probably still be watched by me as I adapt to seeing something that’s up against Survivor by putting it on my laptop. Otherwise, I’d have to watch it online as I can’t miss any of an Arrowverse show ever. Also, while La Brea looks interesting, I might not watch it due to wanting to see other shows at the same time and needing an open slot for it to work. I may not watch much of Penn and Teller: Fool Us if it competes with anything that I like. I do like Celebrity Wheel of Fortune, but do not know if that will be too much or not.

 

The returning shows I’m still into on the various networks and plan to watch are the CW shows of Nancy Drew, Batwoman, The Flash, and Riverdale. I’ll stay into the ABC shows of The Rookie, The Good Doctor, Home Economics, Big Sky, Station 19, and Grey’s Anatomy. I’m still into the CBS shows of S.W.A.T., Magnum P.I., Blue Bloods, Young Sheldon, B Positive, Survivor, FBI, FBI: Most Wanted, NCIS, 60 Minutes, The Equalizer, and NCIS: Los Angeles. I’m sticking with the FOX shows of The Simpsons, The Great North, Family Guy, Bob’s Burgers, 9-1-1, and The Resident. And I’ll stay with the NBC shows of Law and Order: Organized Crime, SVU, and New Amsterdam.

 

As for the new shows that I plan on watching on the various networks, they will be all of the new CW shows of Legends of the Hidden Temple and 4400, all the new FOX shows of Alter Ego, Our Kind of People, and The Big Leap, the ABC show of Queens, the NBC show of Ordinary Joe, and the CBS shows of Ghost, CSI: Vegas, The Activist, FBI: International, and NCIS: Hawaii. Note that both Ghost and The Activist might be cut as I don’t have to watch every new CBS show anymore, but it might work out best for me to check them all out at least once anyways.

 

I’ll be bidding farewell to The Goldbergs and The Masked Singer, both shows that were only on being watched in the absent Survivor timeslot. I can still watch The Goldbergs in syndication, but don’t, and my only interest in The Masked Singer is seeing who the performers are, something that I can keep track of without having to watch the show itself.

 

That’s about it for this post. It turns out that I will be busier than I like over the upcoming weeks and weekends making me think that I could have incomplete blog posts as usual. But I plan to fix that and not have that as an issue as much anymore. There’s not much else to say so I’ll end the post here.

No comments:

Post a Comment