Saturday, June 26, 2021

How Shows with Black Casts are Different than Other Shows

There isn’t too much else to say in this introduction as it is quite clear to me and a lot of other people that shows with a mainly black cast are a whole lot different than most of the other shows that you see on TV with mostly white casts. These shows are always different in some way that can be clear. Whether or not you think that they are any better or worse because of this is your own opinion.

Watching Black Lightning would be very different than watching all of the other Arrowverse shows and not just because of the filming location being different or other factors like that. But there is a lot that is worth pointing out relating to that show and how it relates to other black shows like it. 

You see, a lot of the scenes would have soul songs in the background as various scenes were to happen. We would always see different scenes with people doing declarative monologues and various other things like that in the end in some way, shape, or form. A lot of conversations of various sorts would happen and these shows can be very conversation centric.

When it comes to black comedies (not, in this case, to be confused with dark humor or things like that), they are different too in other ways. The type of humor isn’t something that you’d see most of the time on any other show. It can be good or hard to understand at times. But the style of humor is without a doubt something that you wouldn’t see in most other sitcoms.

And that’s all that I can think of for this blog post. I need to spend time to do a whole lot more of the detail posts that I like to do and at a better time that I’d like to do them at too. I just hope that I don’t have too much free time if it means that I don’t have a job anymore. I need to write more of what I want to do for blogs while at the same time not losing focus on work or other things like it. I do plan to bring back one of my favorite posts this year and hope to do that before September. I’ll see you in the future with more posts of this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment