Monday, September 9, 2019

Late Airing Summer Shows

Well I have some good news and some bad news. The bad news is that this probably won't be that great of a post as I'm just coming up with something random on the fly. The good news is that weekly updates of this blog are back now and should be on most Mondays for the near future unless something else is posted instead. I'll try to keep you updated if I can. Anyways, enjoy this blog post.

I have no idea what is with the trend this year of there being late airing summer shows. We normally don't see things like this on TV. By late airing summer shows, I mean shows that weren't on TV until late July or even August. This seems so unusual to me and I'm not sure why this would be the case. Most of the shows that aired this lately were on the CW. They were airing what had previously on CW Seed, their streaming service. But I don't know why they decided to air that instead of just reruns that a lot of us would have liked and been okay with seeing.

What is with the trend? Why do this at all? Don't they realize that people probably wouldn't care at this point in the season what new shows are on? Well, television has experienced something lately known as peak TV. What that basically boils down to meaning is that a lot of shows that are new and in some cases good will be seen on TV a lot throughout the whole year in order to compete with cable networks and not lose as many viewers to them during the summer. Thus, they want to air something and will normally not care in most cases if it is a bad show or not. They just want new programs on TV.

I don't think that we've seen too much of it this season, but this could become the new normal for TV. It is always changing and we'll only see throughout time what all could keep changing on TV over and over again. Do you know why certain changes happen? I don't. All I know is that this is something that happened this season that will probably keep happening in other seasons. I'll be back next week with hopefully a better post. Also, let me know whether or not I should post blog posts on my facebook page still or not as I'm not sure that I will for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment