Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Saturdays in Primetime Version 3

Well, it is time that I finally get back to what I was wanting to do with this blog for a while now, but have not yet been able to do. Starting with this Tuesday, I will now be going back to weekly posts of this blog on every Tuesday for the foreseeable future. This may not cover all the Tuesdays, but will cover most of them in the near future. I’ll let you know if they will end or be phased out. Now let’s get to the proper introduction of this post.

From time to time, I post random updates of some of the Saturday shows that are on. I thought that since I can do one now, I might as well get to posting about new updates of Saturday shows since there is actually something to watch then right now. So let’s get to it.

Million Dollar Mile: Status- Currently on CBS at 8/7 Central on Saturdays. Why I’ve seen it- I like to watch a new CBS show at least once. Description- A reality competition, contestants compete through various obstacles for money while they try to avoid being caught by a well trained chaser. Notable People- Tim Tebow, a football player, is the host of this show. Pros- It works and seems fair. Cons- The show doesn’t have much to it. It is not something that people who don’t like sports would be into. Note to Parents- I can’t think of anything objectionable that might be in here. Recommendation- You can see this if you want to, but I wouldn’t spend time with it. My Viewing Habits- I only watched the first episode of this. Prediction- This will end for sure after the episodes they made of it finish airing in the future. Reception: mixed. Grade: D+. New review


Ransom: Status- Currently on CBS at 9/8 Central. Why I’ve seen it- I thought that I would like the general plot and premise of this. Noteworthiness- This is a Canadian show that airs in America. It had once been cancelled here once before and was brought back later. Description- A team of people tries to solve cases involving missing people, typically, and other crimes. Pros- The plot works and is interesting. Cons- The timeslot sucks and it’s easy to miss the show as a result. Not all of it works as it doesn’t always seem related to anything in each episode. Note to Parents- This has the standard amount of problems that you might expect from a show, but is not nearly as violent as it could be and other shows are. It is much tame compared to what one might be used to. Recommendation- I think that this is something that most people should watch if they want to and care enough. My Viewing Habits- I have been a fan of this since the first episode, but have missed a lot of show. Prediction- Whether or not is lasts is not up to us in America. Canadians will decide if they like it with their viewership and we can only hope that this will air sometime in the US as a result. Reception: somewhat good. Grade: A.

No comments:

Post a Comment