Monday, November 5, 2018

Fall Shows 2018

Hopefully this isn’t too late for people. But I have finally gotten to the reviews of all of the fall shows. This is the first time in a while that I haven’t had to split this isn’t multiple parts. I hope that you enjoy the reviews of all of these shows.

Happy Together: Show Description- A singer moves in with his accountant after a break-up with his former girlfriend. Behind the Scenes- Damon Wayans Jr., who was in Happy Endings and New Girl, stars on this show as well. There are others as well. It replaces Man with a Plan, only that’s going to return at some point. My Thoughts- It seemed like it was just a family having to deal with someone move in with them type of show that was made different by it being a celebrity instead of an in-law. It wasn’t actually bad, but it didn’t really work that well for me. It wasn’t really funny. I give it two out of five stars. Long Term Prospects- This doesn’t seem to have much chance going forward. Where to Find- On CBS at 8:30/7:30 Central on Mondays

The Cool Kids: Show Description- We see the adventures of retirees and what they do now. Behind the Scenes- There’s not much to add here except that this show is unusual for featuring such an old cast of people in it. My Thoughts- It wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be, but it wasn’t really that great either. I give it two out of five stars. Long Term Prospects- This is likely to stay around for now. Where to Find- On FOX at 8:30/7:30 Central on Fridays

The Neighborhood: Show Description- A white family moves into a predominately black neighborhood. Behind the Scenes- There are a lot of famous people in this. It has Max Greenfield from New Girl. It has Beth Behrs from 2 Broke Girls. It has Tichina Arnold from Everybody Hates Chris. It replaces Kevin Can Wait. My Thoughts- While the show largely works, it wasn’t really any good or funny. The material does not work that well. I give it two out of five stars. Long Term Prospects- This looks likely to last for now. Where to Find- On CBS at 8/7 Central on Mondays

Single Parents: Show Description: We see different parents who aren’t in a relationship form a bond with each other. Behind the Scenes- This has Taran Killam formerly of Saturday Night Live. It also stars Brad Garrett from Everybody Loves Raymond and ‘Til Death. My Thoughts- The plot largely doesn’t work as a whole. There are some bright spots, but not many of them in here. I give it two out of five stars. Long Term Prospects- This is likely to stick around for now. Where to Find- On ABC at 9:30/8:30 Central on Wednesdays.

Charmed: Show Description- Three sisters find out that they are witches with powers and have to save the world from evil. Behind the Scenes- This is a remake of a classic WB show. Being a part of the new Sunday line-up, it doesn’t replace any old show. My Thoughts- It is quite interesting and good. I plan to vlog about this in my new YouTube channel Guywithcowonhead. I’ll post a link to a playlist later if I am able to do this. There are some issues with it as it has a cast that is younger than it needs to be and much of it could be too mysterious. But I still give it a good grade in the end. I give it three out of five stars. Long Term Prospects- This seems likely to stick around for now. I will say that it being on a day of the week that was devoid of programming on this network for a while might be the only issue as to if it lasts. Where to Find- On the CW at 9/8 Central on Sundays

Magnum P.I.: Show Description- A private investigator and his friends help solve crimes. Behind the Scenes- This is a remake of a classic show with the same name. This has Tim Kang, who used to star in The Mentalist. This is likely in the same universe as Hawaii Five-0 and NCIS. It is filmed in Hawaii where it is set. It replaces two sitcoms, them being Superior Donuts and Living Biblically. My Thoughts- It pretty much works for the most part. I’ll admit that it can seem too generic and run of the mill, but that’s about the only thing I didn’t like about it. I give it three out of five stars. Long Term Prospects- This is likely to last for now. Where to Find- On CBS at 9/8 Central on Mondays

New Amsterdam: Show Description- This is more or less a typical medical drama. I haven’t seen much of it to know why it has that name or how it is different. Behind the Scenes- Ryan Eggold, who used to star in The Blacklist and The Blacklist: Redemption, is on this show. My Thoughts- It is good in a way, but I can’t yet see what is different between it and other shows like it. Still, it is pretty good. I give it four out of five stars. Long Term Prospects- It is likely to stick around for now. Where to Find- On NBC at 10/9 Central on Tuesdays

The Rookie: Show Description- After major life changing events, an older man winds up becoming a cop for the first time. There are other rookies on the show as well. Behind the Scenes- This stars Nathan Fillion who used to star in Firefly, Drive, and Castle. My Thoughts- It seems interesting and different in a way from most other shows like it. I am worried about the typical relationship issues that you might see from time to time. I give it three out of five stars. Long Term Prospects- This is likely to last for now as far as I know. Where to Find- On ABC at 10/9 Central on Tuesdays

God Friended Me: Show Description- A man gets a friend request from God or someone calling himself that and his life changes with the lives of those around him and those he gets requests from. Behind the Scenes- Violett Beane, who has had recurring roles in The Resident and The Flash, is a character on this show. An atheist helped create the show. This replaces Instinct for the moment, although that show will be back at some point. My Thoughts- I’m not sure where they are going with it. Hopefully, they can take both sides in the Christian/Atheist debate into account instead of leaning more towards one side or the other. I like it so far, even if not much happens in it. I give it three out of five stars. Long Term Prospects- This is likely to last for now. Where to Find- On CBS at 8/7 Central on Sundays unless delayed because of sports or other reasons

Manifest: Show Description- People on a plane land years after their flight went missing and they were thought to be dead. Behind the Scenes- There’s nothing to add here. Should I cut this when I can’t think of what should be added here? My Thoughts- I’ll admit that it seems too mysterious in some ways. But I think that it is good enough in the end. I give it three out of five stars. Long Term Prospects- This is likely to last for now at least. Where to Find- On NBC at 10/9 Central on Mondays

FBI: Show Description- Needless to say, this is about the FBI and it features various threats that the team has to face. Behind the Scenes- This stars Missy Peregrym, who used to star in Rookie Blue. Dick Wolf, who created the Law and Order franchise and the Chicago franchise, also did this as well. This replaces Scorpion. My Thoughts- Its main problem is being too generic. But it does seem more dramatic and a bit better than most shows are nowadays. I give it three out of five stars. Long Term Prospects- It is likely to stay for now. Where to Find- On CBS at 9/8 Central on Tuesdays

All American: Show Description- A teenage boy moves in with a coach who seeks to give him a better life. Behind the Scenes- This is based off of a true story. This replaces The Originals. My Thoughts- While this show worked, it didn’t really click with me at all. I give it two out of five stars. Long Term Prospects- This isn’t likely to last long. Where to Find- On the CW at 9/8 Central on Wednesdays


Murphy Brown: Show Description- An older woman returns to her job as a journalist with a team of people and other characters as needed. Behind the Scenes- This isn’t actually a new show, but a revival of an old show. This replaces Life in Pieces, for now at least. My Thoughts- It is quite good and topical. I think that the only issues that I have with it are strange acting choices that the cast does. But it works quite well. I give it four out of five stars. Long Term Prospects- It is likely to stick around for now. Where to Find- On CBS at 9:30/8:30 Central on Thursdays

No comments:

Post a Comment