Saturday, May 26, 2018

Interesting Scheduling Notes: 2018 Version

I’ll never know when I’ll be stretched for time and needing to make a quick post of some sort in the future. What I do know is that some of what I do could be the start of a new, annual tradition of posts that I do. I might do a lot of them. Then again, I might not have time. But what I do want to make sure that I write at least three of these posts for the future any time I need them. Here is one that I thought of. What can we make note of in the future regarding the recently announced schedules of networks? Well, I thought that I would do a quick rundown.

NBC is putting all of the Chicago franchise on Wednesday. Seems like an odd thing to do. CBS has never put all of the CSI or NCIS shows on one day of the week. Why would they do such a thing? Does this make sense to people?

First, FOX cancelled American Idol. Then ABC rebooted it after it was gone a whole season. In a sort of alternating fashion, ABC cancelled Last Man Standing. Only now FOX is bringing it back after it was gone for a season. Will this continue? Will it continue with shows that I don’t like? Will The Mick or Lucifer be brought back for the 2019-2020 TV season?

While Scorpion’s cancellation makes no sense, the warning signs were there. They never aired reruns of it, which is unusual for a CBS show that they care about. They also pulled it from the schedule before May sweeps happened. While that actually isn’t unusual as it has happened before, you do have to wonder what else happened with the show that caused it to end.

With the CW airing shows on Sundays again, will anyone care enough to watch it? It has been nearly 10 years since they last aired any primetime programming on Sundays. This makes me wonder if the shows there will suffer from bad ratings or not.

Speaking of Sundays, it seems that ABC has forever changed what airs then. They must know that all of their dramas keep getting cancelled that air on that day. It makes you wonder why they ever got rid of Desperate Housewives or Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. Those were much watch things that aired on those days. With American Idol being a success then, they must be beginning to change how they do things. If you keep failing, maybe you’ll try something else.


I’ll admit: this wasn’t much of a post. But I do think that I could talk about something with each network going into the season at hand. I mean, I already do this with CBS and the CW. You will see them in the future as soon as I’m able to write them. I hope to have more time this summer to write and do other things that I want to. But I’ll also be busy at some points as well. Remember that random posts could happen at any time and Saturday posts could stop with or without warning. If I move this blog to a new day of the week, I’ll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment