Friday, November 24, 2017

My Planned Viewing Habits: Midseason 2018

Well, while I am coming up with different posts to fill out the rest of this year, I might as well do the last of my regular posts that I’m sure I can still do this season. I still have to do whatever posts I can while the year is still happening. Sometimes I wonder how I get all the posts I require myself to do done in time. This year already has the most posts I’ve had in a year and I’ve done that a few times every year now. I’ve had a complicated time trying to watch and keep up with shows that I would normally watch. Too much has changed and gone wrong this year in terms of what I watch. Hopefully I’ll get into all of what I want to watch but who knows what will happen? This is just a plan and I’m not sure if all of this will happen or not. I guess that you’ll have to see when I do reviews what I was able to end up watching and if I had originally planned to do so or not.

Anyways, what are existing shows that are on TV that I still care about? I forget if I told you this before or not, but I started watching How to Get Away with Murder to fill the gap in shows that I would have since CBS wouldn’t be showing any shows until November. That’s the only returning show that I just got into for the first time to tell you about.

I am still planning on watching the following ABC shows: Grey’s Anatomy, The Middle, Fresh off the Boat, American Housewife, Modern Family, Once Upon a Time, and Designated Survivor. There are times when I might watch 20/20 and Shark Tank. As for CBS, I will keep watching Survivor, The Big Bang Theory, Madam Secretary, NCIS, NCIS: Los Angeles, NCIS: New Orleans, Bull, Scorpion, MacGyver, Kevin Can Wait, Blue Bloods, and Hawaii Five-0. There are times when I watch 60 Minutes and that happens a lot more during midseason after football is over.

Switching to the CW shows, I still watch Supergirl, The Flash, Arrow, Legends of Tomorrow, and Jane the Virgin. Since Survivor will be on hiatus for a bit, I’ll probably watch Riverdale during the break should it still air at the same time. I need to get caught up on that online if I can. As for the FOX shows that I’m into, they are The Simpsons, Family Guy, The Last Man on Earth, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, and Gotham. I also do watch Bob’s Burgers at times.

Speaking of things that I only do sometimes, I can’t really watch any NBC shows right now as the website sucks most of the time and the channel isn’t coming in. That means that I’m giving up on The Blacklist since it airs against Survivor most of the season. If I were normally watching it, I’d be into the shows of Blindspot, Law and Order: SVU, The Good Place, and Chicago Med. But I haven’t seen them yet this season, although the last one hasn’t started as of me writing this.

Because of these complications, I never watched The Brave like I was planning to. I still could end up seeing it, but I doubt that I will in the end. I only saw Law and Order: True Crime once online. It wasn’t something I was that into, although I would have kept watching it if I could have.

What are the new fall shows I’m still watching? The new FOX shows that I still care about are Ghosted, The Orville, and The Gifted. The new CBS shows that I still care about are Young Sheldon, Wisdom of the Crowd, 9JKL, SEAL Team, and S.W.A.T. The new CW show I care about is Valor, although that might be ending soon. I don’t know if I’ll watch more of Dynasty or not as I’ve only seen one episode thus far when it worked out for me. It would be a fourth show for me which I can’t do. Only it is an NBC show that makes this a fourth show so maybe I should watch it. The new ABC show that I care about is The Good Doctor. What about other ABC shows that were new? Well...

There are new shows that I would watch if they were still on at midseason. 10 Days in the Valley will be burning off the rest of its episodes on Saturdays fairly soon. Inhumans was a limited run series so while it might be back for future seasons, it won’t be back this season. The same is true of Law and Order: True Crime. The show Me, Myself, and I was cancelled so it won’t be back, unless it is to burn off the rest of its episodes. I'd watch it if it does come back.

What are the new midseason shows that I can about? Well, there is a yet unnamed spin-off of Grey’s Anatomy that will air sometime on ABC that I’ll watch. I’ll be watching the FOX show The Resident. I would watch 911 if it didn’t air at a bloated time for me. On CBS, I’ll watch Instinct and By the Book. I don’t know yet if I’ll watch Celebrity Big Brother, but I think that I might avoid it if I can. I’ll be watching the CW shows of Black Lightning and Life Sentence. If I can get something in on NBC, I’ll watch Ellen’s Game of Games, although I don’t care enough about anything on that network right now to go out of my way to see if it is new unless it has alumni from The Good Wife or CSI: Cyber.

I do want to see the NBC shows of Timeless and Shades of Blue when they come back on. But if NBC still has the problems that it does, it seems unlikely that I’ll see anything of it that isn’t online. Even then, I might only watch a series finale of a show that I like since the website fails too much. I probably will not watch The 100, although it is possible that I give it another chance.

In terms of the other shows from previous seasons returning at midseason, I’ll be watching the FOX show of New Girl since it will air its final season. I’ll get more into that later. I’ll be watching Ransom again since it has a surprise return, even though it might not be on until the summer a la Flashpoint. Other shows on CBS that I’ll watch are Elementary and Code Black. I’ll watch the CW show of iZombie, which may not be on until the summer, although I won’t know for sure until the schedule is announced. I’ll be watching the ABC shows of Quantico and Match Game. I might even tune into To Tell the Truth as well, if it works out. It is also worth noting that two shows that could be considered midseason shows, Chicago Med from NBC and Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. from ABC, will have already returned when I get to them later. And I really hope that I can watch Chicago Med.

Now is when I normally talk about any of the new fall shows that I’m not sticking around for. Only I don’t have to as any of them that I can watch, I will watch. This means that Dynasty might be the only one that I’m not into and not because I don’t like it, but because it airs at a bad time.

Of course, the only real thing to note here before closing is that these are merely plans and I may not stick to them or be able to stick with them. I may care less about primetime on Tuesdays and Thursdays for the later airing shows and skip them as a result due to my new job. I will give priority to all of the final season shows that I care about. This means that I might have to give up an existing show that I know is coming back in order to watch or keep watching New Girl and The Middle. This also means that I will watch any episode I can easily see of 10 Days in the Valley as well as Me, Myself, and I, should it air again. I am also making sure that I watch both Instinct and The Resident regardless of when they air. And I should note that I might not even get to watch any of the new shows mentioned should they air at a bad time for me, which can easily happen. One can never know what will change against the original plan.


And that’s pretty much it for this blog post. I need to write more of this blog as I don’t know when I’ll need a post published all the time. In addition to Saturdays and random other days, I could wind up with any number of changes affecting this blog of mine here. If you don’t see a Saturday post, then wait for the next one (whenever it is) and I’ll explain what happened and changed due to my OCD rules. I hope to have a lot written soon to close out this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment