Friday, July 29, 2016

My Planned Viewing Habits: Fall of 2016

Before the fall TV shows start, I might as well post what shows I will still be watching and which new shows I’ll be watching as well. This is one of my three updates where I tell you what I plan to watch each season. Remember with the new shows that I might only watch it once. I could easily wind up watching shows not mentioned and I might not watch all of what I plan to. It all depends on how the schedule works and changes over time.

Now in what is a great thing and terrible thing for me at the same time, I have ways of watching multiple shows at once. I have done three shows that air at the same time using a combination of live watching, recording on a TV tuner, and using a good old fashioned VCR. If all goes well, I could start using a second VCR to record three things at once. But let’s not label the preference of shows that I watch (something I’m not sure if I’ve ever done yet, but might in at least once blog post in the future) and just get to which shows I might watch in the future.

First, let’s cover the returning shows that I will be watching on each of the various networks. These will only cover the returning shows that will be on the schedule during the fall season. On ABC, I’ll be watching Fresh off the Boat (which I wasn’t able to see as much last season because I didn’t originally plan on watching it before I discovered that I liked it), Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Modern Family, Grey’s Anatomy, Once Upon a Time, and Quantico. I will occasionally watch 20/20, Shark Tank, The Goldbergs, and The Middle, although I might watch The Middle long term if I can fit a fourth show at once in my schedule. On CBS, I’ll be watching The Big Bang Theory, Scorpion, NCIS, NCIS: New Orleans, Survivor, Code Black, Hawaii Five-0, Blue Bloods, NCIS: Los Angeles, Madam Secretary, and Elementary. That’s a lot of shows. I’ll also be watching 60 Minutes whenever it works in the schedule.

Continuing with the CW, I will be watching Jane the Virgin, The Flash, and DC’s Legends of Tomorrow. I might watch Arrow now, either online or on tape if I can get a second tape figured out. I watched Supergirl when it was on CBS and I will be watching it on its new network as well. On FOX, I will be watching Gotham, New Girl, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, The Simpsons, Family Guy, and The Last Man on Earth. I will watch Bob’s Burgers sometimes. On NBC, I’ll be watching Law and Order: SVU, The Blacklist, and Grimm. I might watch Blindspot online or record it on tape. It will be a choice between that or Arrow to record on the potentially possible second VCR. I might just watch them both online. I might also occasionally watch Dateline.

Now, I’ll tell you about the new shows I’m planning on watching. On ABC, I’ll be watching Conviction, Designated Survivor, and potentially Notorious. On CBS, I’ll be watching Kevin Can Wait, Bull, and MacGyver. I’ll also be watching The Great Indoors, Pure Genius, and Man with a Plan when Thursday Night Football ends. The observant will note that these are all the new CBS shows. I tend to watch everything new on CBS at least once, if it works out.

I’m also planning on watching all new show on the CW network in the future. Speaking of which, the CW I’ll be watching are No Tomorrow and Frequency. Since Supergirl is new to the network, I might as well mention again that I’ll be watching that as I was a fan of it when it was on CBS. On FOX, I’ll be watching Son of Zorn and that’s about it. I honestly can’t think of other new shows that I’m interested in on FOX right now. On NBC, I’ll be watching Timeless and The Good Place since it has a CSI: Cyber alumni in it. I will now watch any show I can with CSI: Cyber or Good Wife alumni in it when I can. I’ll explain more about why I’m doing that in the cancelled shows post this season.


This is all that I can think about mentioning for this blog post. You’ll see based on future reviews what I am able to watch. There will probably be shows that I wasn’t originally planning on watching that I will like and watch in the future. I know that with comedy shows especially, if I watch half of the hour time slot with one show, it seems likely that I’ll wind up watching the other show at least once. (Honestly, I tend to dislike comedies more than disliking other types of shows. And a lot of shows that I dislike are just based on watching one single episode.) I’ll also tell you in the midseason show post which of the new shows I’m still watching and which returning midseason shows I’ll still be watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment