Sunday, April 10, 2016

New Midseason Shows 2016 Part 2

Well, I’m back with part 2 of my reviews of midseason shows. Now you may have noticed that there were some midseason shows that I planned to review. I have actually added more to the plan than I originally thought. I’m not sure yet if I’ll ever do this again (splitting reviews from one time frame of shows into multiple parts), but I probably will. The next set of reviews will probably be the summer shows, although I have other posts written for the summer and various other times. I have to figure out what I will post as my 100th blog post of this blog. But I will figure this out and write stuff for the future. So without further ado, let’s get to the rest of the midseason reviews.

Rush Hour: Show Description- Based on the movie series of the same name, this show is about a black cop and Asian cop who team up to fight crime. It is mostly drama, but part comedy. This show replaces the probably ending CSI: Cyber. Behind the Scenes- As stated before, this show is based off of a movie series that stars Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker. My Thoughts- I like the show, even if it seemed a bit too similar to the movies at times. I’d say that it’s enough different that it will be worth watching to see how things turn out. I give it four out of five stars. Long Term Prospects- With the first season expected to still air in the summer, I doubt that it would get renewed for a second right now. It could stick around, but I don’t see that as likely. Where to Find- On CBS at 10/9 Central on Thursdays

Of Kings and Prophets: Show Description- Similar to AD, this is a show based off of the bible, this time on the story of David and Saul from 1 & 2 Samuel. Behind the Scenes- There were production problems that prevented this from airing in the fall as originally planned. Now production problems are never a good thing so that speaks against it being a long lasting show as evidenced by its cancellation. My Thoughts- I’m not sure when the show is going to actually focus on stuff that was actually in the bible, but I haven’t read that part of it yet. Meanwhile, it is rather violent with its content and is not something the whole family should watch (should your family still have young kids in it, that is). Meanwhile, it is an interesting show despite it adding to the story that was probably not there. I give it three out of five stars. Long Term Prospects- It has already been cancelled. Where to Find- It is not on the schedule because it has been cancelled. It’s unknown if it will finishing airing these episodes or not. Since it is not owned by ABC, it probably will not finish airing.

Grandfathered: Show Description- A lady’s man learns that he has a son and granddaughter. Behind the Scenes- Here I offer my usual disclaimer that this is not a midseason show and premiered in the fall. I’m reviewing it this late as I was not able to see it until now. Also, this stars John Stamos, I think, who is mostly known, to me at least, from being in Full House. My Thoughts- I originally had no interest in watching this show because I thought that it would be bad. I ended up watching it because my shows were not on as usual. This show was bad in my mind. It has the bad smut that’s all too common on TV these days. I won’t be watching it again. I give it two out of five stars. Long Term Prospects- I’d put it at a toss-up right now. Where to Find- On FOX at 8:30/7:30 Central on Tuesdays

The Family: Show Description- A family’s life is turned upside down when a person claiming to have been a missing boy they thought was murdered shows up. But is he who he claims to be? Behind the Scenes- I honestly don’t know what to put here, so I’ll just skip this section. My Thoughts- This show is pretty good and interesting with its gripping storyline and interesting characters. I give it five out of five stars. Long Term Prospects- Its ratings are terrible so it won’t last. Plus, I can’t remember the last time ABC had something successful at this timeslot. Where to Find- On ABC at 9/8 Central on Sundays

The Catch: Show Description- A woman finds out that her fiancé is a criminal that she’s looking for. I’m not entirely sure what the name of the show has to do with what it is about. Behind the Scenes- This is part of ABC’s TGIT line-up of soapy shows targeted towards women. My Thoughts- The show is interesting although it can be unusual. It probably relies too much on sex and sex appeal. But it is a good show worth watching if you have the time. I give it four out of five stars. Long Term Prospects- It could go either way at this point. Where to Find- On ABC at 10/9 Central on Thursdays

New midseason- The Family, Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders, Cooper Barrett’s Guide to Surviving Life, Houdini and Doyle, Shades of Blue (renewed), Superstore (renewed), You, Me, and the Apocalypse, You the Jury (?), Crowded, Better Late than Never (?), Rush Hour, Game of Silence, Heartbreaker (?), Hot and Bothered (?), Emerald City (?), Lucifer, The X-Files, The Real O’Neals, Angel from Hell (cancelled), Telenovela, American Grit, Of Kings and Prophets (cancelled), The Catch, Containment, Little Big Shots, Bordertown, Second Chance, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow (renewed), Heartbeat, Uncle Buck(?).

Those shows I’m reviewing: Rush Hour (CBS), Emerald City (NBC, not scheduled), Lucifer (FOX, see part 1 or most recent Monday post), Bordertown (FOX, see part 1 or most recent Sunday post), DC’s Legends of Tomorrow (CW, see part 1), Of Kings and Prophets (ABC, cancelled), Angel from Hell (CBS, see part 1 or future cancelled shows post), Shades of Blue (NBC, see part 1), The Family (ABC), Cooper Barrett’s Guide to Surviving Life (FOX, see part 1 or most recent Sunday post), The Catch (ABC), Second Chance (FOX, see part 1), Superstore (NBC, see part 1), Grandfathered (FOX) *


Well, I still don’t know when/if some shows are premiering. I’m guessing that they will be summer shows or won’t be airing at all. Emerald City is one that I plan to do during the summer. You’ll see the other summer shows posted eventually. I’ll probably have more time to post during the summer. But I’ll be back in May, if not sooner, with the next blog post. I decided to cut back into planned additions to this post. I thought about doing Game of Silence and American Grit, but I don’t think that I have time for either one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment