Thursday, January 1, 2015

Sliver Globes Award Nominees 2014

I'm not sure when I'll post the winners, but here are the nominees I'm giving to the TV shows of 2014. I don't know when I can come back with regular blog posts, but here is one of them. I'm giving these awards to what I believe to be great shows of the year of 2014.

Best new show: Star-Crossed, Utopia, Madam Secretary, Gotham, A to Z, Scorpion, NCIS: New Orleans, The 100

Best one season show: Almost Human, Utopia, The Crazy Ones, Star-Crossed, A to Z, Once Upon a Time in Wonderland, The Michael J Fox Show, The Tomorrow People

Best cancelled or ending show: Almost Human, The Tomorrow People, Star-Crossed, Once Upon a Time in Wonderland, Raising Hope, Hostages, The Michael J Fox Show, How I Met Your Mother, The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson, The Crazy Ones, Utopia, The Millers, A to Z

Most screwed show: Enlisted, Hieroglyph, Almost Human

Best theme song: Blue Bloods, Utopia, NCIS: New Orleans, Law and Order: SVU, How I Met Your Mother

Best idea for a show: NCIS: New Orleans, Utopia, Primetime: What Would You Do?

Best series premiere: Star-Crossed, Madam Secretary, Scorpion

Best series finale: Once Upon a Time in Wonderland, Hostages, The Crazy Ones, Reckless

Best cliffhanger ending: Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Resurrection, Bones, NCIS: Los Angeles, The Big Bang Theory, The 100

Best cliffhanger resolution: The 100, NCIS: Los Angeles, The Big Bang Theory, Bones

Best cast: NCIS, Saturday Night Live, Survivor: Cagayan, The Big Bang Theory, Whose Line is it Anyways?

Best writers: Almost Human, The Good Wife, Once Upon a Time, Parenthood

Best editing: How I Met Your Mother, NCIS: Los Angeles, The Good Wife

Most interesting show: Survivor, Utopia, NCIS: Los Angeles, Law and Order: SVU

Best music in a show: Saturday Night Live

Time well spent award: Utopia, The Good Wife, NCIS, Survivor

Most memorable: Survivor, Extant, How I Met Your Mother

Most underrated TV show: Almost Human, Extant, Sleepy Hollow, Star-Crossed, Under the Dome

Best retooling of a show: The Tonight Show, NCIS: Los Angeles, The Mentalist

Why was it a midseason replacement award: Star-Crossed, the 100, Resurrection

Best comedy-drama: Hart of Dixie, Castle, NCIS: New Orleans, Hawaii Five-0, Parenthood, NCIS

Groundbreaking show: Utopia

Best comedy: The Crazy Ones, New Girl, The Millers, A to Z, Bad Judge, The Simpsons, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, The Middle, Whose Line is it Anyways?

Best drama: Star-Crossed, Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Sleepy Hollow, Scorpion, Gotham, Madam Secretary, Almost Human, Grimm, The 100, Stalker, Blue Bloods, Bones, Grey’s Anatomy, Elementary

Best PBS special: Celtic Woman: Emerald

Best show on CBS: Extant, Under the Dome, Madam Secretary, The Good Wife, The Mentalist, The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson, The Big Bang Theory, Scorpion, NCIS, Person of Interest, Survivor, Stalker, Elementary, Blue Bloods, Hawaii Five-0, The Millers, The Crazy Ones, Reckless

Best show on ABC: Castle, Resurrection, Once Upon a Time in Wonderland, The Middle, Modern Family, Once Upon a Time

Best show on the CW: Star-Crossed, The Tomorrow People, The Flash, Hart of Dixie, The 100, Reign, Whose Line is it Anyways?

Best show on NBC: Community, A to Z, Bad Judge, Law and Order: SVU, The Blacklist, Grimm

Best show on FOX: Raising Hope, Almost Human, Bob’s Burgers, The Simpsons, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Gotham, Sleepy Hollow, Utopia, New Girl, Bones

Best show on any other network: none

Best syndicated show: The Ellen DeGeneres Show

Best show on television: nominees pending

I can’t nominate some shows for either best drama or comedy because the Emmys, Golden Globes, or both have already nominated it. Since I disagree with them a lot, I still have my own list. But, out of respect to the real award shows, I will not nominate a show for best comedy or best drama if a real award show did it first. Comedies you can’t nominate: The Big Bang Theory and Modern Family. Dramas you can’t nominate: The Good Wife and Jane the Virgin (although I probably wasn’t going to nominate that anyways). Note that only those two categories are affected by things that I can’t nominate.

I've decided that I'm going to add an acting section to the silver globe awards. It's the type of thing that I probably should have included before, but alas, I did not. Regardless, it should be here now and in future awards of this kind. Since a bunch of real acting awards are covered by real award shows, I'm doing what I can here. In fact, more doing this for the characters than the actors. This is just what I'd like to choose for now, although I'm probably going to include more categories in the future, if I do this section again at all.


Acting Section

Best villain: Tony Vlachos from Survivor, Ray Reddington from The Blacklist, William Lewis from Law and Order: Special Victims Unit

Best hero: Leroy Jethro Gibbs from NCIS, Olivia Benson from Law and Order: Special Victims Unit, Frank Reagan from Blue Bloods

Best bromance: Ryan and Colin from Whose Line is it Anyways?

Best anti-hero: Rumplestiltson from Once Upon a Time, the red queen from Once Upon a Time in Wonderland, Sheldon Cooper from the Big Bang Theory

Best facial expressions: Keegan Thompson from Saturday Night Live

Best badass: Rumpelstiltson from Once Upon a Time, Derrick from Big Brother, Raymond Reddington from The Blacklist

Best shocking moment: Will’s death on the Good Wife

I don't know when, but I'll come back with the winners of these awards later. For now, I hope that you enjoy these awards.

No comments:

Post a Comment