Thursday, November 6, 2014

New Shows 2014-2015

At long last, here are my reviews of some of the new shows this season. Some of them have already been cancelled and they are noted by being crossed out. I decided to include them anyways. I will go into more in-depth reviews of all the shows as time goes by. I also suggest that more people read this blog or I might stop doing it all together. I'll let you know when the last post will be. Or, I'll just stop altogether. Comment here if you want me to continue. Meanwhile, I'm hoping that the counts for each blog post is bad since it says that nobody has read a lot of my blog posts. I will continue writing posts for a while. I just don't know yet when I'll be able to post any. I haven't figured out any good time for that. But, keep reading this blog and I will write more. I'm sorry if anything in this post is outdated.

Introduction: Okay, here are the reviews for the new shows of this television season. As always, I’m only going to review the new shows that I’ve seen at least once. Midseason shows will wait until later to be reviewed by me. I hope that you like my reviews even if you don’t agree with them. I just need at least one person to read this blog post and all the others that I’ve ever written or ever will. It was the midseason shows of last season that is the most recently ignored blog post, so I strongly suggest that people read it if they want me to do more of this blog post. Of course, that is probably why people won’t read it. L

Utopia: Show Description- This show has contestants, known as utopians, trying to create a new society. It can be described as similar to Big Brother and Survivor. The main difference is that people are replaced with different people once they leave. This show has already been cancelled. Likewise, I’m still reviewing it. Behind the Scenes- This is a reality show based on a foreign show like many reality shows are. The host is mostly a background person/narrator and not actively in the show as other hosts are. My Thoughts- It’s hard to know how I’d rank this show. On one hand, it seems like just the type of show you would expect: a bunch of strangers with different backgrounds constantly clashing with others. This is the type of reality show that could be scripted. On the other hand, it seems like a pretty interesting type of show that can entertain us for good reasons. I give it three out of five stars. Where to Find- On FOX at 8/7 Central on Fridays

Madam Secretary: Show Description- This show is about a woman who becomes secretary of state and all the drama that unfolds with it. It momentarily replaces Undercover Boss (the show it replaced will return). Behind the Scenes- One wonders if the show is a caricature of Hilary Clinton. I’ve wondered, for instance, if Veep is supposed to be a representation of Sarah Palin, but I’ve never actually seen Veep to know for sure. Regardless, this show is fiction. To say that this show was made to help Hilary Clinton get elected is ridiculous. I have heard rumors of that, but they aren’t true so I don’t know why I’m bringing this up. I guess I couldn’t think of anything intelligent to say so I said this instead. My Thoughts- This show is pretty good. I don’t know if it runs the risk of getting too political based on the undisclosed parties the people are part of. (They probably won’t say who is from what party, although they could.) Plus, like other shows, it is in the strange situation of being in a reality that is both real and made up instead of a completely made up reality which would probably be better for it. I ultimately think that it is worth the watch. I give it four out of five stars. Where to Find- On CBS at 8/7 Central on Sundays (unless delayed due to sports)

Scorpion: Show Description- This show is about Walter O’Brian and a team of geniuses that he leads. It replaces two sets of comedies, Friends with Better Lives and, at the moment at least, Mike and Molly (Mike and Molly will return). It also replaces How I Met Your Mother and We Are Men. Behind the Scenes- This show is actually based on true events, although how much truth remains in the show is unknown to those who aren’t familiar with the actual story since I’m sure I’m not the only one who had never heard of these people before. Robert Patrick from the Unit is on this show. My Thoughts- It’s hard to think of bad things to mention about this show. Well, it can be overdramatized. But, other than that, it’s a pretty interesting drama. Not being the typical drama makes it better. I give it four out of five stars. Where to Find- On CBS at 9/8 Central on Mondays

NCIS: New Orleans: Show Description- This is a show about an NCIS team set in New Orleans. It replaces Intelligence and thus, also Hostages. It is a spin-off of NCIS. Behind the Scenes- This show is actually filmed in New Orleans where it is set. I don’t know if we should be worried about a disaster of some sort hitting it in 2015 (one has hit in 2005 and 2010), but only superstitious people would probably worry about it. My Thoughts- Some people have been annoyed by the fake accents of people which I don’t notice and don’t know why people would even care about such a thing. There are plenty of good things about the show. It is as interesting and good as most dramas are. The different filming location probably helped it. I give it five out of five stars. Where to Find- On CBS at 9/8 Central on Tuesdays

The Flash: Show Description- This show is about a person who is struck by lightning and gains the power of super speed. It is a spin-off of Arrow, although I’m not entirely sure how those shows related since I don’t have the time to watch Arrow anymore. I might watch Arrow again if I ever had the chance to get back into it long term. Behind the Scenes- This show is based off of a comic book series. My Thoughts- I thought that this show was pretty good. It can be hard to tell where they are going with this. It may seem similar to other superhero TV shows, but I think that it is good enough to always watch. I give it four out of five stars. Where to Find- On the CW at 8/7 Central on Tuesdays

Stalker: Show Description- This show is about helping victims of stalking. At the moment, it replaces the Mentalist (that show will return, only to end). Behind the Scenes- The show has Maggie Q from Nikita and Dylan McDermott from Hostages. Actors who were on cancelled shows are said to doom their new shows. This show has gotten bad reception by some people so we’ll see if this turns out to be true or not. My Thoughts- This show is much better than some people would think. The show may be a bit over the top. There are more crimes than just stalking. It is hard to tell how, if it is realistic or not. But I still think that it is better than people think. I give it three out of five stars. Where to Find- On CBS at 10/9 Central on Wednesdays

Bad Judge: Show Description- This comedy is about an unconventional judge. It has already been cancelled. Behind the Scenes- Kate Walsh, known for Grey’s Anatomy and Private Practice, is the star of this show. This show hasn’t been getting the best reception. My Thoughts- It is better than one might expect. It actually has a person looking out for the everyman, even if it is far from realistic. They may need to work on the actual humor aspect of the show. But I like it. I give it three out of five stars. Where to Find- On NBC at 9/8 Central on Thursdays

A to Z: Show Description- This unusual show is about a romance? It’s hard to tell what exactly it is about. A newly formed couple in love is the best description. Is it better than the cliché plot makes it sound? We’ll see. It has already been cancelled. Behind the Scenes- This show stars Katey Segal from shows like Sons of Anarchy, Futurama, 8 Simple Rules, and Married with Children. She plays the narrator of the show and does not have an on-screen role. It also stars Cristin Milioti who played the mother on How I Met Your Mother. This role is one of the leads. My Thoughts- The show can be very strange and odd. I’m a bit worried for the overall plot of the show. Yet, it seems quite interesting. They might have to work on the humor. But I think that this is overall worthwhile. I give it three out of five stars. Where to Find- On NBC at 9:30/8:30 Central on Thursdays

Cristela: Show Description- This is a show about a Hispanic woman and her family. Behind the Scenes- Gabriel Igneous, well-known comedian known as being fluffy, is a character on the show. He is not the main character, which should be evident of the show’s title. My Thoughts- In my mind, of the different shows that I watched this season, this is one of a few duds. It isn’t any good. I only watched it due to it airing with Last Man Standing. But I’m not going to watch that anymore. I mean, it can be different than the usual show and it has that in its favor. But other than that, it is pretty much worthless. I give it two out of five stars. Where to Find- On ABC at 8:30/7:30 Central on Fridays

Celebrity Name Game: Show Description- This game show is about people trying to identify various celebrities to win their bank and a shot at more money. Behind the Scenes- Craig Ferguson, who will soon retire from hosting the Late Late Show on CBS, is the host of this show. There are also various celebrities that help with the game. Who they are and how famous they varies based on each episode. My Thoughts- I like this show. It seems pretty interesting and mostly fair. Well, some of what they do in this game doesn’t seem entirely fair for both teams or any of the contestants for that matter. But I think that it works in the long-run. I give it three out of five stars. Where to Find- This TV show is syndicated meaning that it will air at different times on various networks. It might not even air where you live. But, it is probably going to air in the daytime hours on the TV schedule.

The McCarthys: Show Description- This is another one of those sitcoms about a family. It replaces Bad Teacher as well as The Crazy Ones. Behind the Scenes- I’m not sure what to add here. My Thoughts- I had the feeling that I probably wouldn’t like it before I saw it and I was right. It wasn’t as bad as you think it could be, but you do have to wonder why they made the rest of the show after the poor quality of the pilot. They somehow did too much and not enough in a single episode. I give it two out of five stars. Where to Find- On CBS at 9:30/8:30 Central on Thursdays.

Gotham: Show Description- A story set in the world of Batman that largely focuses on Dan Gordon helping fight crime back when the characters were much younger. Bruce Wayne is young and is not yet Batman. Behind the Scenes- The show can best be described as a Batman origins story, even though he’s not in it as much as he could be. I heard that a show like this was supposed to be created before they wound up doing Smallville instead. I don’t know if that rumor is true or not, but we have this show now. Bruno Heller, the creator of the Mentalist, also helped develop this show. My Thoughts- I like this show for the most part. It is pretty interesting. It does seem to fail on other parts. It seems more police procedural than actually about the Batman characters we know and love. Some of them aren’t as recognizable as others. I’m sure that Batman not being as big as he probably should be. But the show is always interesting and can probably keep you interested even if you aren’t that big a Batman fan. I give it four out of five stars. Where to Find- On FOX at 8/7 Central on Mondays.

No comments:

Post a Comment