Sunday, September 3, 2023

Saturdays in Primetime Version 8

I can’t believe that I’m as tired as I am and writing this post for the future when I’ll be unable to do what I normally would do. But I got this done for better or worse and am now hoping to relax some while also getting what else I need to get done outside of blogging.

 

Great Chocolate Showdown: Status- Currently on the CW at 8/7 Central on Thursdays. Why I’ve seen it- I tend to watch a new CW show at least once. Noteworthiness- This is a Canadian show airing here in the US. Description- Various contestants compete in a food competition where they deal with different chocolate creations. Pros- The food is always interesting and not just the same old thing over and over again. Cons- Its biggest flaw is that not all of the contestants get their food eaten during the first round which doesn’t seem fair. Note to Parents- There is nothing wrong that I can think about this outside of maybe LGBT contestants. I don’t find that wrong, by the way. I only mention that in case someone else finds it wrong. Recommendation- This might be good if you aren’t busy with other things. My Viewing Habits- I haven’t seen every episode, but have liked it since the first one. Prediction- I am pretty sure that it will keep airing in both countries. Reception: great. Grade: B.

 

Recipe for Disaster: Status- Currently on the CW at 9/8 Central with an additional episode right after that half an hour later. Description- Three teams of people compete in a cooking competition with various problems of weirdness happening while they do this. Pros- It is different than some simple cooking shows are. Cons- It is as dumb as you’d expect just given the promos of it. Nothing good or interesting happens in the show. Note to Parents- I can’t think of any flaws with this show in terms of whether or not a kid can watch it or not. Recommendation- Avoid watching at all costs. This should be an easy thing to do. My Viewing Habits- I watched one random episode of it and won’t see it again. Prediction- I don’t expect it to last, even if they had nothing else to air. Reception: I couldn’t find this in either of the two places that I normally check, which is a first. Grade: F. New review

No comments:

Post a Comment