Thursday, August 10, 2023

Watching Less TV (and Being Okay with it)

So much crazy shit has happened in my life. And the past TV season has had all sorts of weird things going on too. Even just today, I had all sorts of weird things going on. Now if you want to know what all has happened in my life and this season that I’ll talk about in this blog, be sure to keep on reading this post. If you want to know what happened that caused the blogs to go on hiatus, read this post.

 

http://adamdeckercsicyber.blogspot.com/2023/07/tech-explaining-blogging-hiatus.html

 

This post should have up yesterday based on the rule that I have about it, but I decided that it would also work now without messing too much up. Or, I could have cheated and posted it when it was supposed to be up and not when it was. But I tend to avoid that, so I did. My mom had to go to a hospital a way away. She’s fine now. But she was the main reason why I couldn’t watch or record as much TV this season. She wasn’t the only reason.

 

There was also a missing remote causing a TV to not really turn on and be an inconvenience at one point with a backup until the main one was found. There was a TV tuner that stopped working until I found a new one. And there are a lot more problems with the receptions of channels, specifically FOX, that makes it impossible for me to see shows since they won’t come in. I can’t even find a show to watch at some times since I like to watch all of primetime during the main season and not just the few things that I would stick with.

 

And you know what? I’m completely fine with missing a lot of TV. It may seem odd. But since I know that I’m a TV junkie, I also know that good things to do at times is to detox from my addition. That’s why I got rid of new blog posts for a while with one that I still haven’t gone back to yet.

 

You see, even when you have legit OCD like I do and not just a certain way of doing things, you can still come to what I call an oh, well phenomenon. Basically, if despite all of your hard work trying to get something done that needs to be done that day that you couldn’t get done, how do you feel inside? Do you feel messed up? Do you feel like you can’t take it anymore? Actually, what I feel is a lack of caring, an oh, well. Oh, well. I couldn’t get that done. That’s not too bad at all, really. I don’t know why I had cared so much and maybe won’t obsess with things too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment