Friday, January 27, 2023

Midseason Shows 2023 Part 1

I know that I should be catching up on things, but I also want to stay ahead on other blogs and some of that ties in with this blog. I might extend the deadline of getting caught up to March. I just hope that I can get caught up and do a fantasy schedule this year since I haven’t done one since 2020 and am normally always missing that post each year. Anyways, enjoy part of one more than one my reviews of the new shows thus far from 2023. Also, enjoy this blog post on my hiatus:

 

http://adamdeckercsicyber.blogspot.com/2023/01/tech-explaining-blogging-hiatus.html

 

Alert: Missing Persons Unit: Show Description- Detectives seek to find missing people after one of their own sons went missing and is later found again unless he isn’t who he claims to be. Behind the Scenes- This has Scott Cann from Hawaii Five-0. My Thoughts- I like this show so far, even if it stands the risk of being too mysterious for its own good. I give it four out of five stars. Long Term Prospects- This seems likely to last for now. Where to Find- On FOX at 9/8 Central on Mondays

 

Night Court: Show Description- A newboot of the original show of the same name, we see people deal with night court. Behind the Scenes- John Larroquette reprises his role from the original. Melissa Rauch from The Big Bang Theory plays the star of the show. My Thoughts- It seems to work out pretty well, although parts of it don’t seem that well acted. I give it three out of five stars. Long Term Prospects- It will last if the current ratings keep up. Where to Find- On NBC at 8/7 Central on Tuesdays

 

Accused: Show Description- If I understand the premise of this correctly, we see the story of someone on trial, the events leading up to it, and what the end result is. Behind the Scenes- This seems to be an anthology show and I have no idea if this even has the same cast from episode to episode. It might at some point star Keith Carradine from Madam Secretary. My Thoughts- This show is all kinds of terrible in many ways. It doesn’t spend enough time in the courtroom, which is not a problem on its own, but seeks to take away why we are there in the end. It also seems to support the idea of vigilante justice instead of, you know, calling the police to make sure that a crime does not happen. I give it one out of five stars. Long Term Prospects- Initial ratings are potentially bloated and unreliable in this case so I will not know for a bit whether or not this will last. Where to Find- On FOX at 9/8 Central on Tuesdays

 

Will Trent: Show Description- An eccentric detective seeks to solve a potential series long missing persons case and other mysteries that come along with it. Behind the Scenes- This is based on a series of novels. It also stars Erika Christensen from 10 Days in the Valley and Parenthood. My Thoughts- I might be more interested in seeing this simply to know what happens with the missing person part of it more than anything else as I otherwise wouldn’t care about seeing it again. Still, it is good enough to keep watching, even if it has the potential to be drug out for too long. It better not fall into the same trap that Big Sky did. I give it three out of five stars. Long Term Prospects- I think that it is going to last at the moment. Where to Find- On ABC at 10/9 Central on Tuesdays

 

Special Forces: World’s Toughest Test: Show Description- Various celebrities do what military personal do. Behind the Scenes- This is a reality show that has a lot of famous people in it. My Thoughts- It has some potentially good parts to it, but seems largely too serious and potentially harmful. I give this two out of five stars. Long Term Prospects- I’m just going to guess that this won’t last, but have no way of knowing for sure right now. Where to Find- On FOX at 9/8 Central on Wednesdays

No comments:

Post a Comment