Saturday, May 15, 2021

Why I Prefer Shows on DVD to Streaming

I may yet change on this. At the moment, I have no reason to watch shows that are only available on streaming services. This may change in the future. But if a show is on DVD, I will buy it and watch it. I would like this and prefer it to having some or all of it on streaming.

Why is this? Well, for one, buying a DVD box set is a onetime investment. I wouldn’t have to keep up with constantly having to pay money for the same thing over and over again. And in the event that it is on a site for free, I wouldn’t have to put up with ads over and over again. Granted, there probably will be some on the DVD at some point, but I wouldn’t have to put up with it constantly.

Now maybe things are confusing regarding how something is available to stream. While I am pretty sure that season 3 of 8 Simple Rules is on ABC’s website to stream for free, I only plan to watch it again if they put it on DVD or bluray. I don’t want the ads or possible issues with loading. While any disc would run into potential loading issues, it wouldn’t be the same type of issue that you’d get from the internet or any website.

Of course, you might wonder, what if it isn’t available outside of streaming and you can’t ever get it any other way? Well, I simply wouldn’t watch it. I can only hope that they don’t release just some of a show on DVD with me having only part of the collection forever. But it wouldn’t be too much of an issue to not have a show on DVD since there is so much more in life that I could do.

And that’s about it for this post. Sorry that I didn’t do a fantasy schedule this year. It would have been too hard to predict although it still would have been fun to try if I had the chance too. But I do need to work more on other posts and get them done including something special that I have to put more work into than I would like, but can at least get done sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment