Monday, October 21, 2019

Fall Shows 2019 Part 2

While there is at least one new NBC show I was hoping to possibly see this season, I’m not sure that I care enough to see any or will be able to before they are gone this year. I do need to work on other posts that should have been done a while ago. The cancelled shows post should hopefully come soon since I’m caught up on all of them that I care about. I also want to do other, annual posts before too long. I just hope that I have time to write them all. Next week will be the Monday primetime shows this year. Today is the second and final post on the new fall shows this year. Let’s get to it.

All Rise: Show Description- This is a courtroom drama largely from a judge’s perspective. Behind the Scenes- This show replaces The Code. My Thoughts- It seemed pretty good. It does have a problem by not seeming much different from other shows like it, outside of who the main focus is on. I give it three out of five stars. Long Term Prospects- It probably won’t last based on its current ratings. Where to Find- On CBS at 9/8 Central on Mondays

Prodigal Son: Show Description- A consult works for the cops while also dealing with his criminal father. Behind the Scenes- It replaces Lethal Weapon, I think. My Thoughts- It seems like it works. It’s not entirely something different while not being something you wouldn’t expect either. It seems to make sense. I hope that it doesn’t become to cliché or mysterious. I give it three out of five stars. Long Term Prospects- I think that it might last longer. Where to Find- On FOX at 9/8 Central on Mondays

Almost Family: Show Description- A woman’s life is turned upside down when she learns that her father was misusing his role at a sperm clinic in many ways, most notably by being a sperm donor to tons of women unknowing to them, meaning that she has countless siblings. Behind the Scenes- This replaces Mental Samurai, I think. My Thoughts- The plot may be a bit unbelievable, but I think that it works in some ways and is too weird in other ways. I give it three out of five stars. Long Term Prospects- This probably won’t last long. Where to Find- On FOX at 9/8 Central on Wednesdays

Nancy Drew: Show Description- Now either a teenager or young adult, the sleuth Nancy Drew is working to solve a cold case murder and a newer murder. Behind the Scenes- This is based on the popular kid’s book series based on the popular character. This also stars Riley Smith from Frequency, Life Sentence, and Proven Innocent. My Thoughts- I like what I’ve seen of it thus far. I’ll admit that it runs into ususal problems like sex or other things that probably don’t need to be there, but it otherwise interesting if you have the time for it. I give it three out of five stars. Long Term Prospects- This might last, but just as easily might not due to the CW already having far too many shows on already. Where to Find- On the CW at 9/8 Central on Wednesdays


Batwoman: Show Description- Following the disappearance of her cousin, a woman seeks to be the new hero that Gotham needs. Behind the Scenes- This is based on a comic book character with some things different and set in Arrowverse. My Thoughts- I like it thus far. I hope that it doesn’t just become more of a female Batman type show as they should establish differences. I give it three out of five stars. Long Term Prospects- This will more than likely last beyond its first season. Where to Find- On the CW at 8/7 Central on Sundays

No comments:

Post a Comment