Saturday, April 21, 2018

Midseason Shows 2018 Part 3

Before I could catch up with the next set of reviews, there are three new ones that I need to do before I go to the next set. This will be the last set of the midseason shows that are reviewed this time of the year. You probably won’t see new reviews again until the summer. Of course, there is another set of primetime shows to review before I can hopefully get into other posts.

Life Sentence: Show Description- A woman finds out that she is cured of cancer and has to deal with her carefree lifestyle from when she thought she was dying. Behind the Scenes- Dylan Walsh, who was from Unforgettable, is a character on this show. It initially replaced Crazy Ex-Girlfriend for a moment before ceding to The Originals. It now replaces Jane the Virgin, only both of the shows it replaced will be back at some point. My Thoughts- Well, this show seems to have the usual flawed characters. Only they aren’t as bad as other shows are with that. There is enough in here that is pretty good as the plot works. I give it three out of five stars. Long Term Prospects- This is as good as dead. Enjoy it while it lasts or don’t bother getting into it if you aren’t. Where to Find- On the CW at 9/8 Central on Fridays

Living Biblically- Show Description- A man decides to live his life according to the bible, much to the chagrin of everyone who knows him. Behind the Scenes- This replaced the likely cancelled 9JKL at one point. My Thoughts- I’m glad that it wasn’t trying to make Christianity look bad. But the show still didn’t work well as it wasn’t funny and they failed in their mission to make religion look good. I give it two out of five stars. Long Term Prospects- This was pulled from the schedule, cementing its fate as over. Where to Find- Not on the air


The Crossing: Show Description- People time travel from the future to our time in order to escape a war from genetically modified humans who also travelled back. Behind the Scenes- There’s nothing to add here this time. Should I cut this part when there is nothing to say? Let me know in the comments. My Thoughts- It seems pretty interesting, even if it can be more mysterious for its own good. I give it three out of five stars. Long Term Prospects- I’d put this at a toss-up for now. Knowing the network and its track record with various shows like this and others, this probably won’t last. Where to Find- On ABC at 10/9 Central on Mondays

No comments:

Post a Comment