Sunday, April 19, 2015

Fantasy Schedule for the 2015-2016 Television Season

Here’s some good news for people who read this blog of mine. From now until a good while into the future, I will be posting updates every Sunday. Well, I can’t promise that I’ll be able to do every Sunday. But most Sundays until I say otherwise, I’ll be updating my TV blog. In fact, I may post here on more than just Sundays too. I’m not sure how long these Sunday posts will last. It won’t last forever, I can promise you that. But on to the actual point of this blog post which is hopefully the first in an annual set of updates that I’ll do.

As one who likes visiting the site www.tvbythenumbers.com, I notice that sometimes people come up with fantasy schedules for what networks might do with their shows the next season. I have decided to do that in my blog instead of commenting on that site. Remember that nothing I post here in this update will be an official schedule for next season. I’m just posting what I think could be done by the various networks. I will mostly ignore any and all summer shows, unless they are returning summer shows, and thus, easy to predict. Also, I will be posting shows in Central Standard Time since it always annoys me to see things posted an hour later than I would watch them. So if you are in a different time zone, feel free to put it at the time you would know it at. I will mention towards the end why I made the choices that I did. Also, don’t be surprised if I make fun of different network’s demographics. The site I mentioned in the first sentence is why I’ll probably end up choosing most of what I have chosen. Anything written in all caps would be a new show. One last reminder: this is just a prediction of mine as to how the TV season can go next year on each network and not anything official about it.

ABC

Sundays: 6:00- America’s Funniest Home Videos, 7:00- Once Upon a Time, 8:00- NEW SOAPY SHOW, 9:00- Nashville

Mondays: 7:00- Dancing with the Stars, 9:00- Castle

Tuesdays: 7:00- NEW SHOW, 7:30- Fresh Off the Boat, 8:00- Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., 9:00- NEW SHOW

Wednesdays: 7:00- The Middle, 7:30- The Goldbergs, 8:00- Modern Family, 8:30- Black-ish, 9:00- NEW SHOW

Thursdays: 7:00- Grey’s Anatomy, 8:00- Scandal, 9:00- How to Get Away with Murder

Fridays: 7:00- Last Man Standing, 7:30- NEW SHOW, 8:00- Shark Tank, 9:00- 20/20

Midseason: NEW DRAMA, NEW COMEDY, NEW DRAMA, The Great Christmas Light Fight, NEW COMEDY, NEW DRAMA, MORE SHOWS THAN NECESSARY, more shows than necessary, The Bachelor

Summer: Primetime: What Would You Do?, Motive, The Bachelorette, Rookie Blue, others

Cancelled: Selfie, Revenge, Manhattan Love Story, Cristela, Resurrection, Galavant, Forever, American Crime, Secrets and Lies, Marvel’s Agent Carter, The Quest

Explanations: A lot of these shows are explained by if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Nashville could easily be cancelled and another season only seems likely due to possible syndication. It would be likely to get a new time slot and its genre would fix the Sunday time slot. Secrets and Lies as well as Marvel’s Agent Carter could potentially come back for next season, but I don’t see it as likely at the moment. Expect a lot of crazy stuff planned for midseason and summer, more than you see here. This network tends to make questionable choices a lot. But this should be similar to what they might do.

CBS

Sundays: 6:00- 60 Minutes, 7:00- Madam Secretary, 8:00- The Good Wife, 9:00- Elementary

Mondays: 7:00- The Big Bang Theory (before football ends)/2 Broke Girls (after football ends), 7:30- NEW COMEDY, 8:00- Scorpion, 9:00- NCIS: Los Angeles

Tuesdays: 7:00- NCIS, 8:00- NCIS: New Orleans, 9:00- Person of Interest

Wednesdays: 7:00- Survivor, 8:00- Criminal Minds, 9:00- NEW DRAMA

Thursdays (after Thursday Night Football Ends): 7:00- The Big Bang Theory, 7:30- NEW CRAPPY COMEDY, 8:00- The Odd Couple, 8:30- NEW COMEDY, 9:00- NEW DRAMA

Fridays: 7:00- The Amazing Race, 8:00- NEW SHORT-LIVED SHOW, 9:00- Blue Bloods

Midseason: Undercover Boss, Mike and Molly, Mom, NEW DRAMA, NEW COMEDY, NEW DRAMA, CSI: Cyber

Summer: Big Brother, Extant, Under the Dome

Cancelled: The Millers, Two and a Half Men, The McCarthys, Unforgettable, Reckless, The Mentalist, Battle Creek, CSI, Stalker, Hawaii Five-0

Explanations: With The Good Wife, CSI: Cyber, Blue Bloods, and Hawaii Five-0 all on the bubble, it is hard to tell if just one of them will be cancelled like I’m predicting. Elementary may not survive into the next season, but I think that it will, only to be moved to CBS’s worst time slot. The thing that I’m probably getting wrong is a lack of moving shows around which seems to happen a lot lately in CBS shows. There will be more moving around then when I’m on the schedule. Thursday night football would probably complicate the schedule on CBS so I’m taking it to mean that a lot of their new shows will be on Thursdays that season. I have Mom at midseason so that CBS will have more wiggle room with comedies and they don’t seem to be treating it as nicely as they should. CSI: Cyber is also at midseason because it will only survive cancellation due to CSI’s likely cancellation and it seems that midseason may be a safer place to put it at the moment. Meanwhile, except for the new stuff, the only other things mentioned with the midseason shows are always midseason shows, although Mike and Molly tends to quickly reappear on the schedule after a show gets cancelled.

CW

Sundays: No new primetime programming

Mondays: 7:00- The Originals, 8:00- NEW SHOW BASED ON COMIC BOOK

Tuesdays: 7:00- The Flash, 8:00- Supernatural

Wednesdays: 7:00- Arrow, 8:00- SOAPY TEEN ANGST DRAMA

Thursdays: 7:00- The Vampire Diaries, 8:00- Reign

Fridays: 7:00- Whose Line is it Anyways?, 8:00- SUPERHERO SHOW

Midseason: The 100, iZombie, CRAPPY ONE SEASON REALITY SHOW, America’s Next Top Model, WITCHCRAFT OR SIMILIARLY THEMED SHOW, Jane the Virgin, NEW SHOW

Summer: Beauty and the Beast, APPROXIMATELY THREE SHORT LIVED SHOWS, NEW HALF HOUR SHOW, APPROXIMATELY TWO NEW REALITY SHOWS, NEW DRAMA, Masters of Illusion, Penn and Teller: Fool Us, Whose Line is it Anyways?

Cancelled: Hart of Dixie, Backpackers, Seed, Famous in 12

Explanations: With a lot of their shows renewed for the upcoming season, unless they suddenly reverse their decisions about some of them, then I think that a lot will be moved to midseason. Some they can’t afford to wait that long to air them, so they have less to lose with the ones that I chose. Reign could easily move to midseason. Despite its great ratings at the start, iZombie may not be renewed simply because there’s no room for them to air other shows. One has to wonder if the CW would reinstate their primetime on Sundays, taking it back from whatever different affiliates want to air. I don’t think that it will, but it could. Anything mentioned on the schedule will probably stay renewed as they already renewed almost everything.

FOX

Sundays: 6:00- Football until midseason, 6:30- The Mindy Project (unless football preempts it), 7:00- The Simpsons, 7:30- Bob’s Burgers, 8:00- Family Guy, 8:30- NEW ANIMATED COMEDY

Mondays: 7:00- Gotham, 8:00- Sleepy Hollow

Tuesdays: 7:00- New Girl, 7:30- The Last Man on Earth, 8:00- Brooklyn Nine-Nine, 8:30- CRAPPY COMEDY

Wednesdays: 7:00- DRAMA FAILURE ENTITLED SCREAM QUEENS, 8:00- Empire

Thursdays: 7:00- Bones, 8:00- NEW SHOW

Fridays: 7:00- SHORT-LIVED REALITY SHOW, 8:00- MasterChef Jr.

Midseason: Hell’s Kitchen, American Idol, NEW GORDON RAMSEY REALITY SERIES, CRAPPY REALITY SHOW, NEW DRAMA, NEW COMEDY, ANOTHER NEW DRAMA, NEW ANIMATED COMEDY

Summer: MasterChef, So You Think You Can Dance, Hotel Hell, AROUND FOUR STUPID SHOWS

Cancelled: Mulaney, Utopia, Red Band Society, Gracepoint, Glee, Riot, Hieroglyph, I Wanna Mary Harry, The Following, Backstrom, Weird Loners

Explanations: Fox is very confusing with their schedules due largely to their tendency to use limited run series instead of the conventional full season orders. A lot of what I mentioned being in the fall could easily wind up in midseason. The Mindy Project could easily get cancelled, but I think that I’ll give it the 6:30 time slot on Sundays. That time is known for football game airing instead of shows sometimes. They have never cared much for their Friday night schedule, except for certain times, but not that often. I predict a return to animation domination on Sundays (expect for shows before 7 Central). Because of this, I’d have to say that live action sitcoms would be all night on Tuesdays. Most of the shows would stay the same, although one can never tell when they will air Bones. It moves around a lot. What isn’t already renewed probably will be renewed so I probably might only have the time slots wrong.

NBC

Sundays: ignored until midseason due to football

Mondays: 7:00- The Voice, 9:00- NEW DRAMA

Tuesdays: 7:00- The Voice results show, 8:00- Undateable, 8:30- One Big Happy, 9:00- Chicago Fire

Wednesdays: 7:00- NEW COMEDY, 7:30- NEW COMEDY, 8:00- Law and Order: Special Victims Unit, 9:00- Chicago PD

Thursdays: 7:00- The Biggest Loser, 8:00- The Mysteries of Laura, 9:00- NEW SHOW

Fridays: 7:00- Dateline, 8:00- Grimm, 9:00- NEW SUPERNATURAL THEMED SHOW

Midseason: AROUND TWO-FOUR NEW COMEDIES, The Night Shift, AROUND THREE NEW DRAMAS, NEW REALITY SHOW, even more Dateline, AT LEAST ONE MINISERIES, the Celebrity Apprentice

Summer: The Last Comic Standing, others, NEW REALITY SHOWS, Dateline, Welcome to Sweden

Cancelled: Bad Judge, A to Z, Emerald City, Parenthood, Allegiance, Parks and Recreation, Constantine, Crossbones, Marry Me, About a Boy, State of Affairs, Hannibal

Explanations: With many shows either renewed or cancelled, it is hard to tell what schedule changes the next season could bring. There seems to be not enough shows on its schedule so I’m renewing the two bubble shows, Mysteries of Laura and the Night Shift. It’s hard to know what NBC will do with comedies since they don’t have many good options left with them. Don’t be surprised if Undateable becomes their longest running sitcom. Meanwhile, I’m sure that they are done for the moment with their Thursday comedy line-up. I’m probably making a lot of risky guesses, but these are just guesses.


Those are my thoughts regarding this potential next season. I’ll be back later to see what I got right. In case you are wondering, I’m ignoring a lot of the shows that aren’t on the schedule yet as I don’t know what could potentially happen with them. These are just predictions, I remind you. Things could easily be different than what they are. Like I said before, I’ll do a look back at these predictions later on, but I’m not sure when yet. I hope that I did well.

No comments:

Post a Comment