Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Fall Shows 2020 Part 2

Well there is not much of this year left and I need to write at least one major blog post in the future. Since I still have to do a part 2 of the fall shows, since I haven’t done it yet, then I might as well get to that now. I may not have that much time to write certain posts that I’m wanting to, but hope that I can get the big post of the year which I have to do this month since otherwise I can’t do it at all since this year will be over. I’ve written more posts for this blog this year than all the other years. I try to do this for every blog, actually. But let’s get to this post.

Connecting: Show Description- Friends try to stay connected during the pandemic. Behind the Scenes- This was a show that was obviously inspired by the biggest news story and event of this year. My Thoughts- While it presented itself as a comedy, it probably would have worked better as a drama. Other than that, the show worked for the most part. I give it three out of five stars. Long Term Prospects- It has already been cancelled and aired all of its episodes. Where to Find- The complete series is available for free (plus commercials) at Peacock TV

Big Sky: Show Description- Two girls and another woman wind up kidnapped with various others in the cast here and there. Behind the Scenes- This is effectively the only new fall drama that ABC is airing this year. My Thoughts- While I don’t think that the bad cop angle will be well received due to recent events, I do think that the rest of this is pretty interesting and worth keeping track of, although I have no idea what the name is supposed to mean. I give it four out of five stars. Long Term Prospects- It seems likely to last now, although I have no idea just how much they could milk out of this show in terms of plot based on where it is now versus where all it could go in the future with their plots. Where to Find- On ABC at 10/9 Central on Tuesdays 

B Positive: Show Description- Inspired by a true story, supposedly, a divorced man needs a kidney and a woman from his past who has personal problems decides to be one. Behind the Scenes- This is produced by Chuck Lorre, who does a lot of producing for CBS comedies. My Thoughts- The show seems to work for the most part, although I’m unsure how it will evolve in the future. Long Term Prospects- It seems likely to last for now. Where to Find- On CBS at 8:30/7:30 Central on Thursdays

No comments:

Post a Comment